Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sew Thinky Thursday

It's time for Sew Thinky Thursday! Today Emily has us thinking about our sewing friends and asked: Have your fabric tastes changed by having friend who likes to sew? Do you like the same things or are you completely opposite? 

This is supposed to be an easy question, right? Here's a gratuitous friend photo because it wouldn't seem right to post without a picture!


Most of my sewing friends are people that I've met on Flickr through swaps and bees. I've met a few of you in real life too (especially now that we've been to Quiltcon!). I've always been a fan of bold and colorful designs, so I didn't need Emily's influence on that one. I've also liked the whimsy of Heather Ross's designs, so I didn't need Courtney's influence on that one either. But my love of rainbows and more vintage, soft, feminine palettes? Well, I've definitely been influenced on that one by my Flickr friends. Just look at some of my recent favorites and tell me how you could not fall in love with rainbows? :)

for more details on each photo, click here

Here's a recent rainbow make:


And vintage, soft, feminine palettes? Well, that's all my sewing buddy, J's doing :) I can't think of pink, blues and reds, without her coming to mind, even though lately she is into oranges and blues! I'm pretty sure she inspired me to do this:

A Walk in My Woods

So yes, my friends inspire my fabric selections and I wouldn't have it any other way! 

5 comments:

  1. that photo is hilarious, especially now I know how Emily feels about her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love the photo! And I love quilty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its normal for your fabric tastes to change over time. I started quilting with brights, then moved on to Civil War prints, and lately I've been working with brights again.

    I'm tickled to be one of your favorites...the first picture in the mosaic is mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha to the photo! I like the way that the different friends influence you very interesting thinky...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your projects! I think I am influenced by talented people like you that are so willing to share their projects. So very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete