Friday, March 1, 2013

Finish it up Friday

Happy March 1! I have a girlfriend in the Midwest who considers this the official start of spring and wears flip flops starting on this date.... yep, even with the snow that some of you still might have :)

Today my finishes are for my bees. This month I moved to the Haven.do.Good.Stitches circle. Our host for this month asked us to make low volume words. Our quilts will go to a women's shelter so with that in mind, I picked:

Haven. Makes sense since this is our first charity quilt together!


Wish.


And then for my Sewn Together bee, we were asked to create strips and then put them together with the larger bit of fabric. Since there were the first, I pieced using gentle curves-- hopefully that comes across!


I've been sketching a couple of other things and can't wait to work on them this weekend. Hope you have a great Friday! Linking up to Finish it up Friday.

3 comments:

  1. I love those word blocks... and I'm laughing to myself about your friend wearing flip flops today in the snow and ice. I'm most certainly missing the Austin weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty words! and lol to the fish patchwork :) flip flops! I don't think so it is snowing here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the word blocks! Flip flops even in the snow, really?

    ReplyDelete